Prioritizing acts of Ihsan (cont.)
- Prevent burnout by knowing the purpose, destination, and intention of the good deed.
- Get clear on expectations from oneself and others.
- Focus on contributing in areas of one’s expertise.
- Learn to set boundaries and say NO when required.
- Manage time and energy.
- Form meaningful connections.
- Practice self-care and renewal.
Reasons to learn to say NO
- To avoid other peoples’ priorities taking precedence over ours.
- Have time for family and close friends.
- To rest and recuperate
- To avoid frustration and stress.
- To make ourselves available for deeds that are in alignment with our purpose and ability to contribute.
SURAH AL-HASHR [59:19]
SURAH AL-MAIDAH [5:105]
HADITH OF UNWAN BASRI
‘THE POWER OF A POSITIVE NO: HOW TO SAY NO AND STILL GET TO YES’ by William Ury
To access lots of free resources on relationships and personal growth, please sign up for #DailyWisdom at www.marziahassan.org/dailywisdom
Direct download: media.io_4th-Muharram-2020-audio.mp3
-- posted at: 10:23am EDT