Receiving Ihsan- rights of those who do good to us:
- Receive the Ihsan with grace and kindness.
- Pray for those who have done Ihsan on you.
- Thank them for their kindness.
- Spread good mention about them in public.
- If possible, do something in return for them.
- Ask for forgiveness for them.
- Pay it forward.
- Give them something they need.
- Allow others to partake of the good deed.
Who deserves acts of Ihsan from us?
- Anyone who is in need.
- Unilateral virtue- Do good to the people who are deserving and to those who don’t deserve it. We are ambassadors of the faith and must follow in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet (SAW) and the AhlulBayt (AS).
- Our family has special rights over us when it comes to doing Ihsan towards them.
However, enabling someone towards unhelpful behaviour is not Ihsan.
Prioritizing acts of Ihsan
- Focus on quality and intention rather than on quantity.
- Recognize our limitations and set boundaries.
- Focusing on quantity when doing acts of Ihsan can lead to burnout.
SURAH AL-MAIDAH [5:2]
SURAH MULK [67:2]
SURAH AL-BAQARAH [2:263]
To access lots of free resources on relationships and personal growth, please sign up for #DailyWisdom at www.marziahassan.org/dailywisdom