TOPIC OF THE YEAR: The pursuit and practice of Ihsan
The primary purpose of these gatherings is to give our condolences to the household of the beloved Holy Prophet of Islam.
BLESSINGS OF THESE MAJLIS:
- It revives not only our deen but us too.
- It helps us realign what really matters.
- Commemorating the tragedy has kept our religion alive.
- It is only the Grace of God and this huge sacrifice by the most beloved of his creatures that has kept this deen alive till today.
- It allows us to get in touch with ourselves and remind ourselves of where we need help and transformation in our life.
An important part of these days is to pass on the message of Kerbala to others.
Hadith by Imam Reza (AS): “By learning our knowledge and teaching it to people. If people knew the merits of our knowledge they would follow us.”
Imam Hussain’s (AS) message: Living with the concept of ihsan- kindness, excellence, and virtue.
COVID- Challenges and opportunities:
- Safety and protection
- Intention and action
- Motivation to attend
The Holy Family as inspiration
Fatima Zahra (SA):
- “Best of people on the earth in origin, dignity and honour.”
- Pillar of Islam
- An axis of intercession
- Her children- Hasan, Hussain, Mohsin come from the same root word- h-s-n.
- Hasan: one who is virtuous and does good.
- Hussain: derivative of Hasan.
Basic foundations of morality and righteousness
- Adl: Give people their due which has been asked of them. Imam Ali (AS) said that, “Adl is the foundation on which the world rests.”
- Ihsan is going above and beyond justice and acting with nobility and kindness. Imam Ali (AS) says, “When you are focused on doing more than is required, that’s how people fall in love with you.”
‘Hasana’ is a key root word of the Quran.
- It appears 194 times in the Quran.
- It means inner beauty, living a life of virtue.
- Allah is the ultimate ‘mohsin’- one who does ihsan.
- When we do things that are hurtful to ourselves or others, He deals with us only that we deserve. But when we do good, he multiplies it.
- H.A.R. GIBBS: A STUDY OF HISTORY (1963)
- Fara'edoh-Samtayn vol.2 p.68
- Beharul-Anwar, vol.43 pp.4-18
- Beharul-Anwar, vol.8 p.51
To access lots of free resources on relationships and personal growth, please sign up for #DailyWisdom at www.marziahassan.org/dailywisdom